Austin - Austin A135 (Princess)
The Austin A135 Princess was built from 1947 to 1959, being the largest of the Austins, with a 6 cylinder 4 litre engine. These cars were built at the Vanden Plas works, part of the Nuffield Group, in North London, to virtually any specification the customer wanted. The Princess 3 came in 1956 and the Princess 4 model carried on to 1959.
From late 1959 the Princess name got used by BMC on the upgraded top of the range Austin Westminster, Vanden Plas Princess and equivalent Wolseley 6/99 and 6/110. Then from late 1962 the Princess name was used on the top of the range Princess 1100, 1275 and 1300 models into the 1970's. From 1975 the confusion changed and Princess became a marque in its own right with the Princess 1800 and 2200 built up to 1978, followed by the Princess 2 built from 1978 to 1981 in 1700 , 2000 and 2200 formats.
Austin A135 Princess Saloons (built from 1947 to 1959) originally had 650x16 tyres. Blockley make a radial tyre size 185VR16 that would suit the saloons.
Tyre size for the Princess 1800 / 2200 and Princess 2 (1700 , 2000 and 2200) was 185/70R14 , and Blockley produces this 185/70VR14 size.