Archibald Frazer Nash sold his company to HJ Aldington in 1926 and the new company AFN built a variety of Frazer-Nash cars, all chain driven as were their predecessor GN's. As volume demand receded for a car of this type, Aldington was able to get the UK concession for BMW. They publicised and sold the full range of BMW in right hand drive format, as Frazer Nash BMW. Post war the BMW factory was in a bad way, and at Aldingtons suggestion Bristol Aeroplane Company applied to the Ministry of Supply to be assigned the rights to the BMW 328 engine as war reparation. Aldingtopns plan was to make a new car called Frazer Nash - Bristol, with all the drawings and assistance from BMW, in a venture with Bristol aviation who were interested in car production. However before much came to fruition the partnership was dissolved and Frazer Nash went it's own way, using components supplied by Bristol, while Fritz Fiedler helped with the designs of the post war Frazer Nash. Fiedler had played a leading role in producing the BMW 328, of which really the Frazer Nash became the extension of. The cars evolved through Le Mans Replica, the Targa Florio, Mille Miglia and last of the line Sebring. All this while they still had the concession for BMW, and as BMW felt that a small concern like AFN could not cope with their post war plans there was a parting of the ways, especially as Aldington had taken on an interest in selling Porsche in the UK as well. Frazer Nash built a single last prototype in 1957 on a redesigned wider chassis with coil over wishbone front suspension and DeDion rear end and using Porsche components called the "Continental", uprated in 1958 with 3.2 litre BMW 507 motor and disc brakes. This would only have realistically competed with BMW's own products. . .