Born out of a motorcycling past the cars developed their lighter cars until 1925 when they went larger with 2 litre four cylinders and 2 .5 and 3 litre sixes. They also used a Crossley built six cylinder engine all up to 1933. At this time tings changed with the introduction of the sporty twin cam Rapier while at the same time the Meadows engined M45 was to be the basis of the models to follow. The lower and handsome LG series was developed in 1935 after WO Bentleyjoined them after unshackling himself from Rolls Royce. This was followed by his 1all alloy V12 in 1937, as well as an updated version of the LG6. Post war came the 2.5 litre six designed by WO Bentley and around this time the company was taken over by David Brown who used this engine in teh new Aston Martin. But the engine was also deployed in the Lagonda Mk1 and Mk2's spanning 1946 to 1956, with the 3 litre version Series 1 and 2 of 1953 through 1958 (known as the Vantage engine).