Frederick Lanchester was a true Engineer, not hampered by convention. Up to 1931 the cars were of the utmost quality but after the world financial depression. BSA had taken over Daimler and Lanchester and although the cars were excellent they were made for teh new times. Just prewar they were really badge engineered Daimlers. Post war there was a new 10hp which had been built for the 1940 season. The later 14hp was a 2 litre which lasted until 1954, but after this there were only a a couple of models that sold very few numbers and after the mid 1950s the Lanchester name ceased. However the University in Coventry is still named after Fred Lanchester.