The first car that Alvis made appeared in 1920, and not long afterwards their 12/50 model became renowned for its sporty nature and longevity, replaced in the early 1930's by the 12/60. In 1933 their first 6 cylinder was introduced, alongside the 4 cylinder Firefly and Firebird. It was dealer Charles Follett who specified what became the Speed 20, 25 and the 4.3 which were genuine 100mph cars, often with beautiful bodies by Charlesworth.
The Postwar era started off with the 4 cylinder TA14 and by 1950 the all new 3 litre 6 cylinder range of cars came on stream which were the backbone of the company, starting with the TA21 through to the TF21 until car production ceased in 1967. After this the Alvis company concentrated on their military vehicles. The Alvis brand as a vehicle was brought back to life by Red Triangle in Kenilworth.