Alfa Romeo bought out Scuderia Ferrai in the late 1930's after Alfa Corse was set up, and Enzo could not use his Ferrari name until after WW2. Ferrari had wanted a V12 4cam, remembering the effect this had had on him when seeing the V12 Delages at Montlhery in the mid 1920's when he was there with the Alfa Romeo team. Gioachinno Colombo penned the Ferrari 1 1/2 litre V12 (Tipo 125) race engine which debuted in 1947, Ferraris first car to use his own name, followed by the 2 litre "166" , 195 ,and 212. By 1954 engine was the 3 litres in the 250 range. Lampredi was brought in to oversee the enlarging of this design. Of course Ferraris interest did not lie so much in the road cars, which were a economic necessity, but the race cars. Following the death of Alberto Ascari, Lancia stopped racing and gave their team of D50 race cars to Ferrari, and with them came the veteran designer that Ferrari had persuaded to leave Fiat for Alfa, Vittorio Jano. His first new V12 for Ferrari went in the Ferrari 290, these engines securing 2 world sportscar championships. Then Jano designed the V6 engine that proved it's worth and ultimately led to the Dino 206S in 1967, replaced in 1974 by the Dino 308 GT4.
Going back, after the 250 series ending with the Lusso there was the 275 3.3 litre range, 330 4 litre and 365 4.4 litre range which included the 365GTB/4 (and GTS/4) which was the Daytona.