Wolseley was a large manufacturer which was taken over by former employee now Sir William Morris in 1927, as part of the Nuffield group, which is why the Wolseley Hornet has so much in common with the Morris and MG's, and by the late 1930's all the Wolseley range of engines were Morris. By 1952 Austin merged wit the Nuffield Group to form BMC (British Motor Corporation) where the badge engineering became common. For example the Wolseley 6/90 was a Riley Pathfinder. The 1500 was one of their biggest volume selling cars (a cross between a Morris Oxford and Minor). The Wolseley 15/50 and 15/60 were the same but for engine capacity and soon the influence of Pininfarina was being seen on the top of the range cars from BMC. By 1975 the name Wolseley was dropped by BMC when they rationalised their marques.
But let's not forget the little Wolseley Hornet made from 1961 through 1969, built on the shell used for the Riley Elf but with a Wolseley badge. Initially 848cc they grew to 998cc and over 28,000 were sold . .